JAPAN 洋子の本は良いね^^   |  HOT! テーマトーク
No.470367    投稿者: capricon1    作成日: 2007-01-17 12:40:26 閲覧数:769    推薦ポイント:0 / 0

USA AMAZON では、五つ星☆☆☆☆☆の評価だ!

平和を訴え、平和を愛する本です ♪

泣けてくるぜ

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
 An everyday yet new lesson taught, December 3, 2006
A Kid's Review
From this book My brother, My sister and I, I learnt quite a lot, though a lot of the dialogue seems to be cold and unnatural, the theme is the most important part of it. In this book the orphans Hideyo, Ko and Yoko squeeze through all the hard times and find new ways of over coming these things. In the end, the three of them find a special someone who may not look the same but is the same person, they live happily ever after (at least for now)
 Comment | Was this review helpful to you?   (Report this)

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
 An everyday yet new lesson taught, December 3, 2006
A Kid's Review
From this book My brother, My sister and I, I learnt quite a lot, though a lot of the dialogue seems to be cold and unnatural, the theme is the most important part of it. In this book the orphans Hideyo, Ko and Yoko squeeze through all the hard times and find new ways of over coming these things. In the end, the three of them find a special someone who may not look the same but is the same person, they live happily ever after (at least for now)

2 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
 Possibly not fiction, October 10, 2005Reviewer: Reader "wyj3" (Arizona) - See all my reviews
I read this book several years ago and could hardly put it down until I finished it. I wrote to the publisher to ask if this book was fiction, but I got no reply. I had the impression in reading it that is was not fiction, and yet the words 'fictionalized' and 'novel' are used for it on Amazon. I was curious to know what is fiction in it and what is not.
I differ with some reviewers criticizing the book's language or style. There is nothing wrong either, as I recall. Nor is the book only for children or "young readers" by any means.

3 of 5 people found the following review helpful:
 WOW!!!, June 23, 2003Reviewer: Dan (Naples, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This book is a wonderful book. I have read it over 3 times now and I still want to read it again. Before I read the book I had some sibling problems, and after reading it I am now closer to my sisters. It teaches you how much you need your family and what they can do for you. I think it is more than a 5 star book. It should be a 100 star book. I think if most people in the world read it our world would be changed. It would be peaceful and people would not get into big arguments. That is how much this book can change us. If you don't beleive me you should read this wonderful, fantastic, brilliant book by Yoko Kawashima Watkins. It is one novel you'll never forget!

2 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
 Oustanding!!!, June 8, 2003
A Kid's Review
This book has influenced me very much. It teaches you many things and I recommend it to everyone, including adults.

4 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
 A Great Read, May 17, 2003
A Kid's Review
This book was assigned to read over the summer before 7th grade. I was SO glad, because I had read the first book of the two, So Far From The Bamboo Grove, which I finished in a day, and it was such a captivating novel. My Brother, My Sister, and I is the sequel to the first book, where Yoko Kawashima, her sister, and her mother all flee from Korea due to World War I events. In this book, Yoko, her sister Ko, and her brother move to a hospital when Ko is injured. Then the siblings are accused of arson, theft, and murder, and have to put the pieces of the puzzle back together to figure out who actually committed these crimes. I finished this 226 page book in two days, because I just could not put it down! This is a great and intruiging true story for readers of all ages.

8 of 10 people found the following review helpful:
 My Brother, My Sister, and I, April 12, 2002Reviewer: Angela (Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
In the sequel to So far from the Bamboo Grove, My Brother, My Sister, and I by Yoko Kawashima Watkins, the author takes on a difficult task by informing the reader about her depressing childhood life. My Brother, My Sister, and I is an emotional novel based on the deprived and unfortunate life of the main character, Yoko, her brother, and sister during the holocaust of World War II. Yoko is a thirteen year-old, parentless child attending a school where she is endlessly being teased by the girls for her being destitute and poor. Yoko is an intelligent student who tries to ignore all the mockery being turned towards her. After the warehouse her family lived in burns down, Yoko, her brother, and sister are homeless and living temporarily in the hospital where Ko is nursed after she fell from the burning warehouse to save the family treasure. In addition to having no parents, being teased by the accompanying students, and owning only a small amount of money, Ko's knee will be disabled forever. Hideyo, Yoko's brother, has to work two jobs and Yoko must sell Ko's garments in order to support the family and pay off the substantial medical bill for Ko's surgery. My Brother, My Sister, and I is a poignant and touching novel about how the power and effect of the love of one's family can and will overcome any great obstacle in life.
I enjoyed this book very much, for, the author told her real life story with such detail and vividness that I sometimes found it had to believe that a specific event actually took place. I enjoyed how the characters in the previous novel grew emotionally, from fretful young children, to matured, young adults. The change in living in a wonderful house in the bamboo grove to living out in the streets will teach readers to respect and be content with what is already out in front of you.
I recommend this book to anyone who wishes an emotional novel and a bit of history. This book is for anyone of any gender of ethnicity. There is not a significant amount of vocabulary and is great for sixth to seventh graders who would like to stay on a simple, comfortable reading level. Though personally, I would like this novel to present itself with more of a challenge in vocabulary.

2 of 7 people found the following review helpful:
 beautiful story, March 9, 2002Reviewer: "brasilusa" (Reston, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This book is beautifully written. The stories are thought-provoking. I liked the characters: Hideyo, Ko and Litte One. They all strong, courageous people with many special qualities. Their kindness to each other stands out against their many trials.

2 of 4 people found the following review helpful:
 A Sequel to Remember, January 10, 2002
A Kid's Review
My Brother, Sister, And I, by Yoko Kawashima, is a poignant sequel to the exciting book So Far From The Bamboo Grove. This book is about a young girl, Yoko (the author), during WW2. Originally Japanese, Yoko and her family lived in Korea until WW2 began and were forced to flee to Japan, destroyed by the war. Unfortunately, Yoko, her mother, and her sister had to leave her brother and father behind, for they were not home at the time. During the journey, they meet with her brother, although sadly, her mother dies. Now Yoko is left with no parents, no money, and only a brother and sister for income. Will they live?
I recommend this book because the reader can learn about how the poor were treated in Japan. Yoko, who only had a few haggard clothes, continued school in Japan. At school, the rich girls repeatedly teased and nagged Yoko for how poor she was, although she was rather studious. The girls also try to pull pranks on her throughout the year. As Yoko walked the streets, the girls as well as other people would laugh and tease her. Yoko was only able to make a few friends other than her brother and sister, and those friends were mostly old people who she had helped. Also in this book, the reader can see what the war was like for the people in Japan. Many families were also made poor by the war, just like the Kawashimas, and tried to build houses out of sticks under bridges. The poor killed each other over a few blankets or pairs of old clothes. Many families were infected by radiation and were losing each other. Yoko and her family were considered lucky to live in a run-down factory. This excellent book will touch your heart as you read about the tragic events in Yoko's family and all over Japan during WW2.
Some people may agree that this book is good, but lacks action. Sure, this book is more about Yoko making a living, starting from nothing, but it does not need an aspect of action and gore. This book is still poignant and surprising, and does have a twist of action here and there. Besides, if action is a desire in a book, read So Far From The Bamboo Grove. Again, My Brother, Sister, and I is a great book, and readers can learn how the poor were treated in Japan and how WW2 affected families in Japan. It is surprising that an author writing about her own life can make a masterpiece so good that it seems like a fiction story. Read My Brother, Sister, and I!

1 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
 A great sequel to a good book!, October 21, 2001
Reviewer: A reader
I have already made a five-star review of So Far from the Bamboo Grove, and this book just takes the cake. I've read good, sad, books, but I've never liked them. BUt this book makes me feel so with the characters and you really get into the book. It is about a girl, her sister and her brother trying to survive on the streets. Yoko gets teased at school, their house burned down, and they are accused of arson and murder. It is a great book, and I urge you to read it.

削除申告  
  koreagood55 01-17 12:41  
  解釈不可
  terrykim123 01-17 12:41  
  ノムギルだ, point に少なくて
  capricon1 01-17 12:41  
  26個の書評のほとんどが5STAR ^^
  pyongkim 01-17 12:42  
  もともと韓国人はアメリカでは評判良い方じゃないですからね。
  terrykim123 01-17 12:42  
  英語が分からない韓/日インのために一番目だけ喜んで翻訳してくれる.
  kgrhuly 01-17 12:42
  本を売るために 5starを与えることは当たり前ではないよ? 馬鹿
  dseco 01-17 12:43
  ところで倭寇はどうして販売を禁止させた? ... 韓国が大好きに描いたか?
   → akuru89 01-17 12:57
      自分たちが韓国にやらかした蛮行がこっそり言及されているんですよ..
  aimaimoko 01-17 12:43
  数日後には、ほとんどの書き込みが・・・
   → capricon1 01-17 12:45
      アグリー コリアンになって荒らしてもらいましょう♪
  terrykim123 01-17 12:46
  From this book My brother, My sister and I, I learnt quite a lot, though a lot of the dialogue seems to be cold and unnatural, the theme is the most important part of it. In this book the orphans Hideyo, Ko and Yoko squeeze through all the hard times and find new ways of over coming these things. In the end, the three of them find a special someone who may not look the same but is the same person, they live happily ever after (at least for now) この本を通じて私の兄さん,お姉さん, そして私はたくさん学んだ. 彼らの言う方式は冷たくて不便だったがこの本の中心が一番重要だった. この本でヒデです, 鼻, そして洋子はすべての難しいことを仮晩夏だった. 終わりに, 3ミョングモもガッウンインムル (のように顔付きではなかったがガッウンサラム) ウルマンナで一生の間幸せに暮した(今のところは)
  baemba21 01-17 12:46
  F5アタックに晒される予感・・・
  yugiri2 01-17 12:51
  恨みではなく、単に切々と戦争の悲惨さを伝える。そういう心理、考え方が韓国人に理解できない限り、永遠に分かりませんね。
  nadayeong 01-17 12:53
  ゴジッチェックを読んだなんて.. 本当に可哀想だ..
  asukanet 01-17 12:55
  これを見てると一部韓国人の限界だね、 一部の韓国人→「日本人達のロービーによる捏造だ」  他国の普通の子供なら、「戦争は弱者が犠牲になる、だから戦争は止めよう!」とならない?
   → akuru89 01-17 12:59
      ロビーによる捏造, ではないです. ただ歴史を歪曲しているから捏造と書いたのです. それに憤慨して日本人立場(入場)として自分たちの過ちを一つも現わさないことに憤慨するんです!
  pakurinara 01-17 13:26
  歴史を歪曲しているのは韓国政府だと気がつかない馬鹿で哀れな朝鮮チンポじん
KOREA 韓国人に質問です. [5]
-
JAPAN 洋子の本は良いね^^ [17]
KOREA 倭寇の捏造技術は世界 1位 [4]
BEST TEXT
日本Parking area >>>>>.. [89]
アジアで人気を独り占めしてるARASHI.. [48]
BEST PHOTO
韓国制服のスカートの長さ.. [31]
inserted by FC2 system